CiSRA Puzzle Competition 2011
This is the archive of the 2011 Puzzle Competition. Please visit the current competition site for information about the latest Puzzle Competition.
Welcome to the 2011 CiSRA Puzzle Competition web site. The puzzles here
have an unusual twist: no instructions are provided, and each puzzle
works differently. New puzzlers may wish to consult our puzzle solving
guide and warm up with puzzles from previous years before
registering for our annual competition. Entry is free. Australian
students can win prizes (terms and conditions apply).
CiSRA is Canon Information Systems Research Australia, a leading research and development centre for Canon.
15 August 2011
The 2011 Competition is over. Congratulations to everyone who solved puzzles, and particularly to our top 3 teams in each category:
See the team stats page for the final scores and rankings of all teams. We hope you had as much fun solving the puzzles as we did creating them.
Worked solutions for each puzzle can be found on the puzzle page, and the full answer log is now available.
Credits for the 2011 Competition.
More news. RSS news feed.
2011 Competition Dates
- Mon 18 July, 2011 - Site open for team registration.
- Mon 25 July, 2011 - Group 1 puzzles released.
- Mon 08 August, 2011 - Puzzle Week begins. Group 2 puzzles released.
- Tue 09 August, 2011 - Group 3 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1 and 2.
- Wed 10 August, 2011 - Group 4 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1, 2, 3.
- Thu 11 August, 2011 - Group 5 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Fri 12 August, 2011 - Hints released for Groups 3, 4, 5.
- Sat 13 August, 2011 - Hints released for Groups 4, 5.
- Sun 14 August, 2011 - Hints released for Group 5.
- Mon 15 August, 2011 - Competition closes. Puzzle solutions released. Provisional prize winners contacted to verify eligibility.
Administrative and technical inquiries to the CiSRA Puzzlers: email@example.com