CISRA Puzzle Competition 2008
This is the archive of the 2008 Puzzle Competition. Please visit the current competition site for information about the latest Puzzle Competition.
Welcome to the 2008 CISRA Puzzle Competition web site.
The 2008 Competition is now over.
CISRA is Canon Information Systems Research Australia, a leading research and development centre for Canon.
5 May 2008
The 2008 Puzzle Competition is over! All the puzzles have been solved and the world has been saved.
(See the team stats page
for the final scores and
rankings of all teams.)
Special mention goes to devjoe, as the only team to solve the final, baffling metapuzzle. We hope you had as much fun solving the puzzles as we did creating them. Please give us any feedback you have, positive or negative, so that we can improve future events!
Worked solutions for each puzzle can be found on the puzzle page, and the full answer log is also available. Credits for the 2008 Competition.
2 May 2008
Many of you have no doubt noticed that there is a mysterious "Metapuzzle" this year. There is no PDF file for this puzzle. Sufficient information to solve it is already available. It is not worth any points and in no way affects positions on the ranking table, but it does give your team a cool bonus.
2008 Competition Dates
- 29 February - Site open for team registration. Group 1 puzzles released.
- Mon 28 April - Puzzle Week begins. Group 2 puzzles released.
- Tue 29 April - Group 3 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1 and 2.
- Wed 30 April - Group 4 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1, 2, 3.
- Thu 1 May - Group 5 puzzles released. Hints released for Groups 1, 2, 3, 4.
- Fri 2 May - Hints released for Groups 3, 4, 5.
- Sat 3 May - Hints released for Groups 4, 5.
- Sun 4 May - Hints released for Group 5.
- Mon 5 May - Competition closes. Provisional prize winners contacted to verify eligibility. Full solutions released.
All puzzle and hint releases are at 12:00 noon Australian Eastern Standard Time (2:00 am GMT).
Administrative and technical inquiries to the CISRA Puzzlers: firstname.lastname@example.org